Saturday, February 13, 2010

Exercise Forgiveness

UGH - right now I want to change this to BLOG forgiveness, because as I finished the last line of this post, it went batty, and all was lost... so let's try this again.


This year, I set a goal of running 1000 miles. That's a pretty hefty goal for me, and even in the first 6 weeks, I've realized I have to make some modifications. First, I need to allow those miles to include walking. Not because I intend to walk a lot, but because I am VERY goal oriented, and if I have to meet a mileage, I will tend to run through injury and run even when my body is shouting No! The second thing is I need to learn to forgive myself when I'm feeling out for a day or two and just let my body recouperate. My motivation has been lacking due to the frigid temps and the neverending dreadmill... I really need a good day on the open road to put me back in the mood.


Just a few weeks ago, I felt like this:

And today, I had a complete lack of endurance, and felt like this:

I made it 6 miles anyhow, but I had to walk 1, run 1... something I haven't done in a very long time. Usually I can crank out 5 miles without a problem, and 6 or 7, while at the edge of my comfort zone, are still usually achievable without a break. Mr Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun, please shine down on me! I need a good motivating run!

No comments: