Sunday, March 21, 2010

Artscape at Dallas Arboretum

It was a beautiful 75 degrees on Friday... then on Saturday, March 20th - the first day of spring - the temperature plummeted. I only made it through about half the day before I made the decision to leave my show, which I do not take lightly. Show organizers spend thousands to promote these shows, and they are rain or shine, and are not rescheduled. But today takes the cake... the temp dropped even lower and it snowed last night. Seriously? What state do I live in? Gotta love the Dallas Blooms festival in the spring. When I arrived at the show at 7:30am this morning, temps were below 30 degrees, winds were gusting up to 25mph, and there was 3+ inches of snow on the ground. This is a first, so I had to document it in photos.
The arboretum:
The lovely row of booths:
The edge of my booth:
And my nice warm home as I arrived back after packing up:




1 comment:

Melissa Cox said...

Lesley, I'm so sorry your show bummed out. This weather is insane. At least you are back at home and warm with your kiddies.
Melissa